Proper corporation governance is a key consideration for the smooth operation of company operations, to minimize company and personal liability and to help facilitate an exit event such as a company sale or public offering. Douglas Park Law regularly counsels members of the board of directors and the board as a whole on a variety of corporate governance issues that confront companies and their leadership. Examples include:
- board structure, composition and size,
- establishing committees,
- shareholder communications and
- risk management.
In addition, Douglas Park Law provides advice to boards of directors regarding transactional and crises situations like:
- conflict of interest and related party transactions,
- board elections,
- implementation of board policies, and
- shareholder governance proposals.